There have been times when I've stepped away from the blog, felt deserted by the garden, or just generally pulled away from the things that inspire and excite me. But as I look back, I can see that on this site I've started a genuine journey, expanded my garden knowledge and inspiration alike. In this one short year, I have actually managed to:
- Eat enough produce to keep 500 worms alive, fed, reproducing, and, um, "processing."
- Try a failed garden experiment, but have fun trying.
- Clone my favorite climbing roses.
- Be surprised by a plant I've been growing for years.
- Learn how to tell how fresh supermarket eggs are...and discover a secret treasure-house to supply us with the just-laid, ultra-fresh variety.
- Connect with and interview some truly spiritual gardeners (Stephen Bartlett! Terry Golson! Candy Evans & Lori Robbins!).
- Grow something green and tasty in my kitchen in the middle of February.
- Start dreaming of next year's garden, on my new piece of God's earth.
What's next? I have no idea. And wow do I love that.
(image via: http://www.villainouscompany.com)
Have you signed up for my feed yet? It's easy - just click here!